Re: Can I run java on n810

Hi, relax man.  :)

ext Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Since Nokia is very anti-Java

Nokia is a main stakeholder and distributor of Java technologies:
http://www.nokia.com/A4126521

> -at least for the tablets-

Maemo is a young platform and we need to concentrate in our core use
cases. It was decided that official support for Java was not crucial at
this point. There are many other technologies not officially supported
for the same reason, but this doesn't make Nokia anti-them.

> I guess pushing Sun to provide its own ready-to-install binaries with
> full Swing support (despite Nokia) is the only choice....

Why "despite Nokia"? Nobody is stopping Sun, IBM, Jalimo or whoever from
going ahead with Java support. In fact these companies and organizations
have channels of communication/collaboration with Nokia. If there is any
obstacle in the way caused by Nokia let us know.

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source