Re: Can I run java on n810

I am not a coder, but if I stay at Sun (I was effected by their recent
layoffs) I would be happy to ask for help from developers in getting a
port done. I guess just point them at the SDK and tell them it's build
on ARM. Anything else they need to know? Seems like everything is
right there on the Maemo site.

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Alejandro López
> <listas.apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Not Java but you can use Jalimo (thought I never used it):
>>
>> https://wiki.evolvis.org/jalimo/index.php/Maemo
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Alejandro.
>

> I'm a little sick and tired of reading "Java-like" with reference to
> Jalimo. Jalimo IS for all intents and purposes, a Java VM, it builds
> on GNU Classpath and CacaoJVM. It *IS* Java. It just doesn't use the
> name because, gee, it's not Sun's JVM runtime.
>
> And plus, he wants to play APPLETS not  Java applications.
> Java code comes in three kinds: server-side applications (servlets)
> and on the desktop: Java applications, and Java applets. The latter
> run only inside a browser using the Java plug-in.
>
> There is no java plug-in for any N8X0 browser, so, no chance to run applets.
>
> FC

Thanks,
Aaron Newcomb
http://www.thesourceshow.org