Re: List admins: how about adding the mailing list name to each subject line?

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 02:22:31PM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> messages mixed in between with subject lines like "help" or "java" and I
> don't know before opening the message what mailing list it belongs to (I
> use GMail, so I'm used to just reading the inbox, there's no folders).
>
> Could, perhaps, the Maemo.org admins set up the list so every message
> gets [maemo-users] ... added in each subject line?

Each and every message has this header:

Tell GMail to make a rule to identify this message with a
keyword (say, Maemo). Then it will show up as a category on the
left side.

(Do this for all your other mailing lists, too.)

-dsr-

When freedom gets lots of exercise, it protects itself.