Re: Can I run java on n810

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Alejandro López
<listas.apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not Java but you can use Jalimo (thought I never used it):
>
> https://wiki.evolvis.org/jalimo/index.php/Maemo
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Alejandro.

I'm a little sick and tired of reading "Java-like" with reference to
Jalimo. Jalimo IS for all intents and purposes, a Java VM, it builds
on GNU Classpath and CacaoJVM. It *IS* Java. It just doesn't use the
name because, gee, it's not Sun's JVM runtime.

And plus, he wants to play APPLETS not  Java applications.
Java code comes in three kinds: server-side applications (servlets)
and on the desktop: Java applications, and Java applets. The latter
run only inside a browser using the Java plug-in.

There is no java plug-in for any N8X0 browser, so, no chance to run applets.

FC