Re: Need C++ Compiler

Kalle Valo wrote:
> "ext Matt Emson" <memsom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> As Maemo doesn't use C++ that much (if at all?)
>>

> The browser is written in C++ AFAIK.

But this will not affect the compiler ABI issues I meant to allude to,
well, unless you need to link to the browser in some way. The important
thing with C++ always seems to be the version of ABI the compiler is
using. e.g. back in my Zaurus days, QTopia used GCC 2.95.X and Opie
(based on QTopia) changed their compiler to 3.X and no older apps worked
without a lot of pain. With Maemo mainly being C based, the C++ compiler
only needs to be happy with itself, not the other libs on the system -
unless the system ships with a lot of libs in a specific ABI that you
need to use.