Announcing the "wiki page a day"

Hi all,

I recently migrated a bunch of content from the old maemo wiki to the
new wiki, but apart from some minor clean-ups, I didn't revisit the
content at all.

We now need to clean up that content, bring it up to date, and imporve
the general standards. That means:

* If there are 3 ways to do something, document the simplest and drop
the other 2
* Change the docs from 1st person to 3rd person, and remove opinion-type
statements. That doesn't mean that pages need to lose their sense of
humour, but let's avoid having "I replaced cover_switch with
cover_svitch" in the pages
* Correcting the content, if it's old or inappropriate

I will be putting one page per day under the microscope over the next
few weeks which will get special attention for the day. The page for the
1st of July is "Root access" http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access

This page mentions a couple of methods which are well outdated, and it's
directly related to a recent thread on the list, so it seems like a good
candidate.

I'll be nominating one page a day from the "Midgard wiki" category:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Category:Midgard_wiki and at the end of the day,
will declare the page stable. Given that it's holiday time, I may miss a
day or two, and if you want to rebel against my evil plot and work on
some other page in the category, please feel free.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Dave.

--