Re: Can't find repository

"ext Marius Gedminas" <marius@xxxxxx> writes:

> Speaking of non-UI programs listed in the Application Manager, how can
> we solve the current problem of having tens of pidgin/canola/gcompris
> plugins/themes/translations cluttering up the list?

Good question.  We have been pondering this a bit.

> I think a collapsible tree (with two levels only) would work.  If there
> is a package $foo, and several packages named $foo-$bar, group them
> under $foo.

What about using the Recommends and Suggests fields of a package for
this?

When installing a package, the user could get a dialog where s/he can
select which additional packages to install.  The dialog would list all
recommended and suggested packages, and the recommended ones would be
pre-selected.

One open questions with this is: how can the user get back to this
dialog after installing a package?  E.g., you might want to change the
set of Pidgin plugins later on.