Re: Can't find repository

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 07:11:59PM +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> nfs-common is not an app.
>
> Most of the users don't know what's NFS, if the application manager
> would list all non-UI programs, the list would be pretty unusable for
> those kind of users.

Agreed.

What would make sense, would be to have an end-user installable
application that lets you configure NFS.  That app would depend on
nfs-common and whatever kernel modules needed.

Speaking of non-UI programs listed in the Application Manager, how can
we solve the current problem of having tens of pidgin/canola/gcompris
plugins/themes/translations cluttering up the list?

I think a collapsible tree (with two levels only) would work.  If there
is a package $foo, and several packages named $foo-$bar, group them
under $foo.

Marius Gedminas
--
A bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. On
my desk I have a work station...