Re: External Keyboard Recommendations

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 03:12:14PM -0600, Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Marius Gedminas <marius@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > The most important thing to remember
> > is to use maemo-gtk-im-switch to re-enable the vkb *before* you unplug the
> > USB keyboard.

(That was about using USB keyboards with OS2006 on a Nokia 770.)

> If you use a USB keyboard (and I hear a bluetooth keyboard does the
> same thing), if you unplug the external keyboard the on-screen stylus
> keyboard will no longer come up unless you reboot.

It was not a problem with a Bluetooth keyboard and my N800.

It was a problem with a USB keyboard and my N810.  (The nice thing about
USB and the N810 is that you don't need power injectors, "just" a
female-to-female USB adapter.)

I haven't tested the other combinations (and cannot test now, as the
three AA batteries in my BT keyboard are dead, and I don't have a N800
any more).

> (The thumb
> keyboard will still come up if you press the center button on the
> D-pad.) I believe this is for the N810 as well as the N800, and
> probably the N770 as well. Is the solution for that to type
> "maemo-gtk-im-switch osso-input-method" into xterm?

maemo-gtk-im-switch doesn't exist in OS2008, so I don't know the
solution.

Marius Gedminas
--
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.