Re: External Keyboard Recommendations

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Hal Vaughan <hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The only problem with those is that they don't fold up.  I'm looking at
> taking this with me in the woods and through the more natural parks of
> the area and even when I go up in the mountains, so I want something
> that folds up that I can stuff in a small (as small as possible) case
> with my N770.

Yes, portability is a big issue. Unfortunately, for me price is an
even bigger issue, and I can't afford to pay 2/3 of what I paid for
the tablet just for a folding bluetooth keyboard.

The reason I asked about USB host mode on the N770 is that I don't see
any "USB Control" or similar apps for OS2006. A further search comes
up with this: http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6802
and this: http://osdir.com/ml/handhelds.maemo.user/2006-04/msg00141.html
so USB host mode does work with the N770, but may not be as easy as
with the later models, and may require flashing a different version of
the OS.

Mark