Re: External Keyboard Recommendations

<hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had to shelve a lot of what I was doing and now I'm at the point
> > where I want to get an external keyboard to replace the iGo one I
> > have, which is cramped.
>
> I have a compact Gyration wireless USB keyboard that I've been using
> with my N800, which works great but is a little inconvenient because
> you still have the wire for the receiver, but it's hanging free with
> the weight of the receiver on the end. The other thing is that there
> apparently are no mouse drivers in the tablet OS, so the mouse
> doesn't work. I've been looking for a reasonably priced bluetooth
> keyboard, but such a thing apparently doesn't exist. So, I think the
> best option is one of the small USB keyboards, like this:
> http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=7599 or
> this:
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?
>EdpNo=1388872&CatId=142 .

The only problem with those is that they don't fold up.  I'm looking at
taking this with me in the woods and through the more natural parks of
the area and even when I go up in the mountains, so I want something
that folds up that I can stuff in a small (as small as possible) case
with my N770.

> The roll-up keyboards are great if you have a solid flat surface on
> which to set them, but I tend to want/need to use it on my lap or
> other soft, uneven surfaces. Also, it would be a simple matter on one
> of the rigid units to rig up a holder on the keyboard itself for the
> tablet.

Yeah, I figured a folding keyboard that comes out flat would be just
perfect because all I need is a place to sit and type, not a flat
surface.

> Do the 770s have USB host mode? There's no point in discussing
> anything USB if they don't.

I don't know.  Anyone know?

Hal