Re: Nokia: Linux Needs to Learn Business

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 14:30 -0600, ext Mark wrote:

> What he *really* means is "until we accept their statements at face
> value with no questions". "Learning" is the very last thing they want
> us to do, because that means the acquisition of knowledge. They don't
> want us to know what's really going on, they want us to accept things
> as they are. There's a huge difference.

Even if I've never met you, I can't help immaging you wearing a tinfoil
hat while you are writing these words. A bit paranoid, aren't they?

Speeches can be unclear and/or misunderstood.

I suggest instead you check the percentage of closed source sw in the
tablets over time: it has been shrinking significantly.

And you could also take a look at the name and numbers of open source
projects supported and financed in the process of creating the sw stack
for the tablets.

Of course the situation is not perfect, but it has been improving
steadily and there is work ongoing to continue improving it.

Then it's your choice to believe to facts or not.

--
Cheers, Igor

---

Igor Stoppa