Re: Nokia: Linux Needs to Learn Business

Am Freitag, den 13.06.2008, 16:28 -0400 schrieb Steve Brown:
> No joke; I don't want my phone to be like a car, I hate cars. It's
> kind of sad that Jaaksi feels he needs to teach open source developers
> something, instead of learn from them. First off: we don't want to be
> taught about Nokia's business rules, that's between Nokia and their
> partners.

so you want to ignore the business reality out there? you personally can
do that, but a company can't. it's always easy to state stuff as this,
but a company has to care about its position in the market and about
gaining benefits.

> Now he just wants to get and not give

and that is just plain wrong, if you take a look at the contributions
that Nokia and its partners have given back e.g. to the GNOME software
stack. just take a look at the ChangeLog files.

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)