Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:26:31AM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> And relating to the ongoing integration -- possibly I'm seeing drastically
> shortened battery life from having both wifi and bluetooth enabled.  Since
> they're alternative connection profiles I think it should only use one at
> a time, but maybe it doesn't.

Sounds to me like you may be assuming that network connectivity is
Bluetooth's only function...  What about getting online via wifi while
using a Bluetooth keyboard?  It would really suck if turning on your
keyboard made the internet connection drop and vice-versa.

It would be nice, though, if Bluetooth remembered its previous state
when a connection is made and restored that state when the connection is
terminated.  (e.g., Bluetooth is off.  Set up an internet connection via
cellphone, causing BT to be automatically turned on.  When the internet
connection is terminated, then BT should automatically turn off unless
something else is using it.)

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/