Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Kevin T. Neely
<ktneely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:07:49PM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>>
>> One thing I know happens now is that touching the screen turns on the
>> backlight while locked.  So sitting in the case in my bag may be turning
>

> That shouln't happen.  Touching the screen should no bring the backlight up.  However, hitting one of the hard buttons ought to bring it up, so the device can show you how to unlock it.

Mine (N800) doesn't come on when the touchscreen is tapped, but does
when any of the hard keys is pressed - so it can show the "Press the
following keys one after the other" message. It seems like it
shouldn't come on for the hard keys, either, because it's just as easy
for one of them to get pressed in a pocket or bag as it is for the
touchscreen. If the owner doesn't know the key combination to unlock
the device, they shouldn't lock it in the first place. That would be
one way to make the device marginally more secure, at least from
"drive-by" snoops.

Mark