Re: Cell Phone As Modem

I think you should just make a case to Nokia and get them to sponsor
your travels with an N-Series ... ;)  Seems like a serious amount of
effort man!

Before you do flash are you able to try the mobile hotspot solution?
Seems like that would do the trick for any winmo device.

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Dr. Nicholas Shaw <Doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here are a couple of interesting sites regarding activating ICS.  I
> discovered this morning that Mobile Windows 6 comes with ICS but it is
> disabled on the Black Jack 2.  This site has the necessary files and
> instructions for enabling ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).  When you do
> this it installs the PAN.
>
> http://keithelder.net/blog/archive/2008/01/18/ATampT-Blackjack-II-Windows-Mo
> bile-Phone-Review.aspx
>
> Here's a link to instructions provided by AT&T:
> http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-c...287&isSrch=Yes
>
> I did install the DUN that I downloaded from the site Jonathan provided but
> am still unable to connect.  I did a soft restart and tried it - nada.  I'm
> obviously missing something in the "here's what you do" department.  I kept
> it installed after installing ICS.  I then tried ICS with DUN uninstalled.
> Still zip.
>
> From the discussions and research I realize that the success with the Razr
> was that it wasn't Windows.
>
> Jonathan, I tried installing those PANs but they're for OS2008 so... I have
> bitten the bullet and am installing OS 2008.  I'll then install the PAN and
> try again.
>
> Nick.

Jonathan Greene
+1.914.750.8740