Re: gpe contacts import

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 01:43:26PM -0300, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> If OSS doesn't view itself as professional as commercial stuff, then it's
> guaranteed to fail in the long run.   Look at the success stories of OSS;
> Firefox, Apache, Linux, OOo, and so on.  They aren't based around the

Oh really?  I started using Mozilla 0.5 or so, shortly after they split the code from Netscape.  There were a number of problems with all compenents (back before the Firefox-Thunderbird split) and submitted and voted for numerous bugs, reallocating my votes after certain bugs were fixed.

I would posit that Firefox is a better product specifically *because* of all the bug submissions.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com