Re: gpe contacts import

Strong words, but I agree with the intent.  I am recently rather annoyed with forum software that requires you to register to *read or search* the posts.  Wha??  Forget it. I'll not bother with the product these days instead.

60 seconds to report a bug?  Maybe... but it's only 10 seconds to uninstall the program and move on.  I do appreciate you're doing *something*, and if I had the resources I'd do something too, but open source needs to be really open.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Mark <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Graham Cobb <g+770@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  It worked for me: I took the time to actually try it before sending the email.
>  I guess I hoped you would take a similar 60 seconds to log the bug report.
>  But if it isn't bothering you enough to take the time to report the bug with
>  a test case to reproduce it I don't suppose anyone is going to spend time
>  trying to guess how to reproduce it.

...and all the other people having the same problem as me will end up
dumping gpe just like me. I (and most other people) have better ways
to spend my time than logging onto a multitude of different Web sites
just to tell people how worthless their apps are. Gpe is just one of
many apps that I've tried. I'll just stick with what works, and dump
what doesn't.

You're missing the most important point: if the *process* of
submitting bugs weren't such a PITA, more people would do it.