Re: gpe contacts import

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:08 AM, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Mark Haury <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Markevich wrote:
>  > Strong words, <snip>
>
>  Yeah, I apologize about that to the innocent bystanders on the list.
>  However, that insulting, sarcastic attitude of many developers and
>  "experts" gets very old very quickly, especially when one is bending
>  over backwards to try to help.

Way to bite the hand that feeds you. Developers and "experts" are not
your slaves and have priorities and processes of their own. If your
goal is to have their priorities align better with your priorities,
verbally abusing them is not a sound tactic. I think you may have just
taken the express route to people's "ignore list".

That's unfair too.  You have to listen to the strong voice, just not take it personally.  Look at just what is the goal here.  Fixing bugs, right?  So snarking off on users that find the current process for initiating that difficult is counterproductive, if not damaging.  Maybe some users are not computer savvy.  Bugzilla is clearly for professional-grade testers/QA not for the general public.

"Create a test case?"  Yikes.