N810 European Power Adapter

En/na Matt Emson ha escrit:

> Our pugs are actually safer because you can't pull them out by the flex,
> so you don't stress the chord or pull the wires out of the plug. All
> plugs are easily removed though. They just pull out. The switch turns
> off the power when not in use. Otherwise the outlet is live, even with
> nothing plugged in. That is just insane. It's pretty hard for a child to
> electrocute themselves with a UK plug socket because of this and the
> shutters. People still use covers, but need them a lot less than in the
> US/Europe.

Hey, my comment was tongue-in-cheek, however all of my outlets have
shutter and you have to insert both prongs at once, otherwise they won't
open, so it's extremely difficult for a child to electrocute even if he
tries to stick, say, a screwdriver in one of the holes. And if he
manages that, there's always the main RCD.

[...]

> Yeah, we have those too. You did read about the limitations though?
>

>    >Limitations
>
>  > A residual current circuit breaker cannot remove all risk of electric
> shock or fire. In particular, an RCD alone will not detect
>  > overload conditions, phase to neutral short circuits or
> phase-to-phase </wiki/Three_phase_electric_power> short circuits.
> Over-current protection (fuse </wiki/Fuse_%28electrical%29> or circuit
> </wiki/Circuit_breaker>
>  > breaker </wiki/Circuit_breaker>) must be provided.
> So, really you need a fuse too :-)

Or a circuit breaker (actually I have 9 or 10, each one for a specific
circuit).

Bye
--
Luca