N800 user unhappy with OS2008 upgrade -- are there others?

>> I honestly don't understand how people can still conscience themselves
>> trotting out the "Nokia doesn't get open code" argument after Microb and
>> Modest.  They are the two premiere apps for the platform and Nokia is
>> doing exactly what you suggest in opening them up.
>
> Because it's a crappy little news reader and people are unhappy with it.
> It's been said here more than once.  Let the community fix it, that's
> what "getting it" means.  Releasing something as open source that was
> open source in the first place, doesn't count. Microb and Modest which
> use webkit/gecko/etc and Tinymail, were open source right from the get
> go.

On the contrary, working with existing code and contributing upstream
whenever possible are very much key indicators of "getting it".  And in
terms of resource allocation, it takes a lot of work to build an
existing application-framework into a usable application on a new
platform.  Many folks are benefiting from Nokia's work in that direction
already, and I happen to feel that they're being very shrewd about where
they focus they're energy.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, with the note that
I could certainly get behind Nokia devoting *more* resources to the
tablet team so they can take on more projects at once.  A team that
takes a product from CNET's worst tech list [1] to Amazon's top seller
list [2] in a year needs to get whatever they're asking for in terms of
hires and money.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo

[1]http://www.news.com/2300-1041_3-6056647-9.html?tag=ne.gall.pg