new N810: oversized partition on internal card straight from factory

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 06:19:46PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 03:10:50PM +0000, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> > I'd just deleted the AV media that comes bundled on the device via the
> > USB connection, and noticed that a "df" gave me the same output as
> > before deleting the media.
>
> do that, it could be they've only been moved into the recycle bin and
> won't actually free any space until you empty it.
>
> (On the other hand, mentioning df leads me to think you used something
> more unix-like.)

Gnome on my Ubuntu 7.10 installation uses the concept of a recycle bin.  I didn't realize this at first, as the bin was located in the corner on a toolbar, rather than the desktop, and has caused me some issues.

I have had (and posted early last month) a similar issue with a "2GB" RS-MMC card in my 770 running 2007HE.  I place 2GB in quotes because this was a cheapie card, and running mkdosfs on it a couple times has only resulted in 1GB of available spae.  In fact, the first time it happened and went read-only, the device "fixed itself" making 1GB of the card readable.

I have not had any problems with the card of late, but am still at only 1GB.  Many thanks to Frantisek for his help in patching the kernel with the better flash card drivers on his website.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com