new N810: oversized partition on internal card straight from factory

On 14/02/2008, Marius Gedminas <marius at pov.lt> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 03:10:50PM +0000, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
>  > I'd just deleted the AV media that comes bundled on the device via the
>  > USB connection, and noticed that a "df" gave me the same output as
>  > before deleting the media.
> How did you deleted the files?  If you used some sort of a GUI tool to
>  do that, it could be they've only been moved into the recycle bin and
>  won't actually free any space until you empty it.

See below.

>  (On the other hand, mentioning df leads me to think you used something
>  more unix-like.)

Ditto.

>  > I then tried disconnecting the USB cable
>  > and reconnecting it:
> That's a *bad* idea, unless you unmounted the filesystem first.

No - it was all done safely.
I did the following: (missing out actions that aren't relevant)

o Plug the USB connector in; wait for the box to mount it
o df ; rm /mnt/usbdisk/<path_to_bundled_media/<bundled_media> ; df
o <scratch head>
o umount /mnt/usbdisk
o unplug device then reconnect USB
o df
o <further head scratch>

That's why I was a bit stumped :-)

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews | matthewslevine at gmail.com | 07790 195 895
  "That sounds vaguely obscene, and if there's one thing I