new N810: oversized partition on internal card straight from factory

Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:

> It must be that some flash-memory vendor is partitioning/formatting them
> incorrectly during manufacturing. Probably Nokia doesn't repartition/reformat.

That's possible too. My theory was that they (=Nokia) have prepared
filesystem image with maps and movies and they just dump it to card in
similar way like firmware is flashed or ISO image is burnt to CD. But
the image is prepared for slightly bigger chip. Either because there are
more possible parts with slightly different size or the specifications
changed for final product or someone simply made a mistake and prepared
bigger image.

Frantisek