new N810: oversized partition on internal card straight from factory

Hi Frantisek,

> That's possible too. My theory was that they (=Nokia) have prepared
> filesystem image with maps and movies and they just dump it to card in
> similar way like firmware is flashed or ISO image is burnt to CD. But
> the image is prepared for slightly bigger chip. Either because there are
> more possible parts with slightly different size or the specifications

I guess different device batches have different revisions of the
internal MMC chip. This is quite normal, since the manufacturer
constantly improves their designed/fixes bugs in the MMC controller on
the chip etc. During this process stuff gets modified (e.g. the scrap
space used for error correction). So if the difference is little this is
the explanation.

On this matter. Are there any inside pictures from the N810 yet?

Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <collin at betaversion.net>
BETAVERSiON Systems [www.betaversion.net]