Nokia N810 PIM

Jason Edgecombe <jason at rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> Peter Hickey wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A couple of quick question from someone who has just upgraded from a
> > Palm Tx to a N810.
> >
> > 1. I am hoping someone can point me to a good Personal information
> > manager and address book that I could use to get updates from google
> > calendar.
> > 2. Can I install open office or similar Doc reader on my n810.
> > 3. Is there anyway to make a template up that I can either email or
> > update a web page from my N810. I am looking and creating
> > a template document for listing my jobs completed so they can be passed
> > onto Myob for the accounts people.
> >
> > If there is anyone out there who also has a palm background who is now
> > using a N810 I would love to chat. Maybe even a Skype call or two.
> >
> 1. The GPE tools are your best bet. You'll need to add the repository.
> On your n810, go to
> http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en&system=maemo4 and click on
> OS2008, then search for GPE. Click on the install icon for the
> repository that has GPE. After that go into application manager, browse
> installable apps and install all of the gpe apps.

I just changed from a Palm T5 to a N810 and are trying to reuse my
memos and todos and see if the gpe calender is useful. What I wonder
is if the calender and todo data is backed up when I do a backup? I
really do not have any need to synchonize with some other calender but
I want to be sure that I cannot loose my data.

And more general, how do you know that for an arbitrary applicaton?

--
/Tommy Persson