Newbie Windows/Python Question

OOOH Boy, some secret decoder ring stuff.  Only problem, it's in secret
decoder ring lingo.

    * To many folks a terminal is where you get on a train.   Or what an
      antique command line computer monitor is called. Could you
      possibly reduce confusion by actually selecting a common standard
      terminal program and possible describe it's purpose?
    * Install openssh -- why?   Where do you get this program? Does it
      show in app manager's list of installable programs?
    * Create a Password?  I gather this secret decoder ring assumes
      you've started up some program that asks for a password?  Is this
      the terminal program, openssh?  Or what?  You know, the more one
      tries to decipher this stuff out, the more secret decoder ring it
      gets.
    *  Oh, ssh... I'll be real quiet... This is supposed to do what?
      Get me to root at localhost...   Why not just email this root dude
      and have Mr root clear this all up on his own?  Why does Mr root
      need my password?  Can he steal my identity?
    *   Type in Sudo apt-get install <some programs>...  Uh, yeah...  Do
      you really expect regular people with day jobs to get this far?

This makes about as much sense as saying there's global warming when
there's record snow and cold all over the place.

OK, sure this stuff below all makes perfect sense to folks who are part
of the secret decoder ring club, but to those of us outside of the Club
it's largely just a bunch of jibberish. And these folks wonder why Linux
hasn't taken over the world...

Always, Fred C