switching windows

   > Then I did:
   >
   > $ rm -rf /home/user/.osso
   >
   > Then I rebooted.

   Why?  I don't think either of these should be required,
   once you install the .desktop file, AFAIK it should show
   up in the applications menu.

(Just so you know...)

I went to:
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/writing_hildon_desktop_plug-ins_for_maemo.html

Clicked on "example source package" to download:
hello-world-app_0.8.tar.gz

Then when to:
hello-world-app-0.8/README

which said:
To see the Task navigator plugin, you need to remove the .osso directory in your home directory so that the configuration files are re-created.

I did that but then the desktop was all messed up. So I rebooted.

(If the docs are in error, perhaps they should be fixed.)

    Jeff (http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~qobi)