switching windows

Hi,

ext Jeffrey Mark Siskind wrote:
> I installed openssh on an N810. I logged into a remote Linux machine,
> tunneling X, and ran emacs. The window came up on my N810 and I was able to
> use the remote emacs (the very little that I tried). But I then clicked on the
> "V" (i.e. the underlined down caret icon next to the X icon at the top of the
>  -
> window, which I presume is minimize). And then I was not able to reexpose and
> reselect the window. While native app windows have icons that appear on the
> left side of the root window, this did not. And when I click on the icon at
> the llower left of the screen it popped up a menu of two windows but did not
> include the remove X window.
>
> Is there are way to reexpose/reselect/refocus a remove X window with the
> default Maemo window manager?
>
>     Jeff (http://www.ece.purdue.edu/~qobi)

You need to have a .desktop file installed which specifies the WM_CLASS
X property of that window (and preferably also an icon to use for it).

You can see the properties Emacs uses with the "xprop" utility from
the maemo x-debug-tools package:
	http://maemo.org/development/tools/doc/x-debug-tools

	- Eero