Text editor with acceptable refresh speed?

You might try Google Docs if free online editing is an option.  It's
basically OpenOffice online, complete with a Word compatible word
processor, spreadsheet, and more.  Stores stuff online too, so you can
access, edit and email things from any browser (using a free Gmail
account).

Fine print I'm not sure of how it works on the 770, but it seems OK the
few times I've used it for editing on my n800.  I've not done anything
real heavy with it though...