Getting a N810 abroad

Hello tablet community

As a software developer and long time Linux user I'm would like to get an N810.
The problem: In my country (Switzerland) it costs about sFr799 (US$
720) which is very over priced and way beyond what I intend to give
for such a device.
Luckily my employer sends me to the SD-West developer conference next
month which takes place in Santa Clara, CA.  Now I thought I could buy
one there.
What do you think, is this a good idea? Are there any major issues to
expect, except the different keyboard layout?
Does the US charger also accept the European 230V/50Hz input?
Are the GPS maps for Europa installed?

Since I'm only for one week there, where should I go to get one?

Thank you for your help.

Yves