installing skype on N810

BTW, short of Skype being available on the 2008 OS n8xx platform, there
is the 'almost free' option to use Gismo project and just phone out
whoever isn't on Gismo with minutes you buy for a notch less than 2
cents a minute.   I'm not sure how it all works, but apparently
according the Gismo web site you can also use the same minutes for video
conversations with various messenger services that support video such as
Windows Messenger Live (or whatever it's called), if you really want the
video option instead of pidgin IM.  Twenty bucks gets you 1000 minutes.
Not free, but pretty close.  Also, the minutes don't disappear at the
end of the month...