installing skype on N810

Erik Hovland wrote:
> That is the cause. Flash the updated version of the OS and skype will
> install without issue.

Since maemo is loosely based on Debian, what are the chances we'll ever
see an incremental upgrade path akin to an 'apt-get upgrade' instead of
being required to flash the device every time a minor release comes out?
I can maybe understand going from 2007 to 2008 but a dot release
shouldn't have to be such a hassle to move to, should it? It is tedious
to have to reinstall all my other applications in the event that I might
want to install something like Skype that requires the latest libraries.
And if it's the new app's fault, why can't the libraries be upgraded
instead as with any other standard Linux distro?

-Gary