Hard to drag stuff on N800 OS2008 Desktop

Hi,

ext Jac Kersing wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>
>> Make a quick move with the stylus when you start to reposition
>> an applet.  After the applet is moving, you can move stylus as
>> slow as you want to.  The quick drag in the beginning is needed
>> to distinguish between dragging an applet and trying to activate
>> something (such as a button) within it.
>
> Eero,
>
> Is there any way to lock the desktop to prevent accidentally moving
> things around? It is probably me being clumsy, but I've unintentionally
> moved things around on several occasions. Restoring the layout takes
> time I would rather spend otherwise.

Not really, but remember to lock the device when you e.g. put it into
pocket or bag.  N810 has separate lock button, on N800 you can press
power key and then select[1] key to lock the keys+touchscreen, unlocking
is done the same way.  This will also save power because then the
display doesn't unnecessarily lit up when the touchscreen or other
keys are accidentally pressed in the pocket/bag.

Disabling the applets that you don't need also helps (if you reboot
after that, you will have minuscule amount of more memory available
for apps too :)).

	 -Eero

[1] Select = the middle button in the 5-way rocker.