Hard to drag stuff on N800 OS2008 Desktop

I found that if I click "Home" > "Select applets..." > then un-check
the offending applet > OK.  Then repeat the process by re-selecting
the applets I want.  Only then, for a short time, can I drag windows
around. In time they will no longer drag willingly, if a fuss with
them they will drag, but I find it is quicker to do the above
mentioned, but it seems kludgey, perhaps I'm not going about it the
proper way...

--
Russ