Skype video?

On 18/01/2008, Ryan Pavlik <abiryan at ryand.net> wrote:

> Julian Toler wrote:
> > I am not too worried about video with Skype (although of course it
> > would be nice!) - what I really miss compared with Desktop Skype is
> > the ability to send SMS text messages. <snipped>

You might be interested to know that on most mobile phone providers' web
> sites, you can send text messages for free.  Perhaps not as convenient
> as Skype, but since the N8xx has a web browser, it should work just as
> well.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Ryan

Cannot find free messaging on my service provider's site Virgin Mobile UK. I
am unlikely to change provider simply to use this service. It looks like
some other service providers offer this service - e.g. Orange UK, T-Mobile
etc. - but as I don't have a telephone number with these providers I cannot
register on their websites to use the service! If you know a way around this
minor inconvenience please let me know, or better still, why not post some
web addresses where free messaging is available - I am sure we are all
interested!
Skype is an excellent tool on my desktop - shame it doesn't have this
feature on the M810/N800 version.
Cheers