further beating on OS2008 beta

Hi,

ext James Sparenberg wrote:
>>> Not very practical actually.  If the screen updates (which if say
>>> I'm compiling remotely it's constantly doing) then as soon as the
>>> home widget pops up it closes and you can't use it.  (in full
>>> screen mode) plus to do this also requires that you
>>>
>>> 1.  close the keyboard
>>> 2.  put away the stylus
>>> 3.  change hand position and minimize the screen
>> The above steps are not needed.
>>
>>> 4.  use home key open the list
>>> 5.  change windows
>> If you have the full screen finger keyboard open, you need
>> to press Home key twice (first press closes FKBD), otherwise
>> one Home key press is enough.
>>
>>> 6.  re-maximize
>> This step is not needed either.
>
> This is what I think you don't understand.  Using the thumkeyboard in
> Xterm is a royal problem.  It just doesn't work right, period,
> because you can't use it and see/read the screen at the same time.

Eh..?  When you specifically invoke a full screen keyboard,
it covers the whole screen...?

> No cut and paste, and heaven help you if you are doing e-macs or
> vi ... because... depending on the remote system it often causes
> problems in that data previously entered gets lost due to focus
> change.

So your problem is actually with thumb keyboard instead of
the tabs/windows issue?  Please add a feature request about
copy/paste support and bug about latter.

	- Eero

PS. There's also a hack to use N800 as a keyboard for phone.
One colleague says it beats T9... :-)