further beating on OS2008 beta

James Sparenberg wrote:
>>> But I find a relatively common use case for terminal involves
>>> switching terminals when in fullscreen mode - more so than
>>> switching apps. And in full screen mode (maximising terminal
>>> space), tabs really help this.
>> Press Home key and thumb the terminal you want from the window
>> list.  (it would be nice if the terminal would e.g. show the
>> current directory name in the window title though)
>>
> Not very practical actually.  If the screen updates (which if say I'm
> compiling remotely it's constantly doing) then as soon as the home
> widget pops up it closes and you can't use it.
  [clip]

No, it does not close. The menu stays on top while Xterm updates below
it (OS v1.2007.44-4).

> 1.  close the keyboard
> 2.  put away the stylus
> 3.  change hand position and minimize the screen
> 4.  use home key open the list
> 5.  change windows
> 6.  re-maximize

No offence, but it's really starting to sound like you're complaining
before giving the "home key method" a chance... That list is quite far
from reality.

 All solutions to this problem are compromises, but as far as I'm
concerned, the compromise in OS2008 is a damn good one: For the price of
one additional key press we get maximal screen estate. As an added bonus
the problem is solved platform wide, not just for one program.

  - Jussi

--
Jussi Kukkonen
http://koti.welho.com/jkukkone/