OS2008 on n800 - Nice Job

On Nov 27, 2007 5:07 PM, Acadia Secure Networks
<acadiasecurenets at aol.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> its the OS2008 on the N800 faster because of software redesign or has
> the hardware been reconfigured by means of a different software setting
> to run at a higher speed than OS2007? I would assume the former but I am
> not familiar with the details of the N800 processor.

Like Jonathan said ... It is my impression that it is a little from
column A and a little from column B.

The hardware that the tablets use allow you to balance power
consumption with speed. Now that they are bringing power consumption
down with smarter use of cpu usage, bluetooth and wifi, they can
afford to bump up the cpu power to keep the same expected battery
life. With my usage, I haven't noticed any effect on battery life but
there is a huge difference in speed.

/Mike