OS2008 on n800 - Nice Job

On Nov 27, 2007 10:18 AM, nick loeve <trickie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Been playing with the beta. Looks awesome!
>
> Great work... the changes to make the GUI fit the form factor are very
> very nice...
>
> The development of the GUI over the OS releases would be a good case
> study for some Interaction/UI students. :)

There are a few quirks but I agree. With OS2008 it is like a whole new
(and better) device.
Everything is blazing fast compared to OS2007 and there doesn't seem
to be any glaring brokenness.
A little bit of overclocking goes a long way :]

The new transparent UI looks great and dragging things around on the
desktop is a breeze.
Photo viewing (with automatic aspect portrait/landscape adjustment) is snappy.
Much smoother media/flash viewing.
Much more standard infrastructure so that you can cross-compile easier.
I love rtcomm and how it integrates all the IM/VoIP under one app.
The mozilla-based browser works very well.

Pretty spectacular guys ... well worth the wait.
Two thumbs up!

I'll keep digging and bugzilla things as I find them ... but it is not
easy work anymore ;]

/Mike