Bug in Maps application

Le mardi 27 novembre 2007 ? 22:46 +0100, Fr?d?ric Crozat a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
> according to Wayfinder website
> http://www.wayfinder.com/?id=5365&lang=en-US Nokia is supposed to
> support "Maps" application shipped with IT2008.
>
> Unfortunately, there is no such component in Maemo bugzilla ATM.
>
> Until this is fixed, here is a nice bug report for Maps application :
> -this application saves its maps data downloaded to the internal memory
> card (I'm speaking about n800) but it does check if there is enough free
> space on it while downloading, which cause the download progress bar to
> get stuck at one value and never go beyond (and of course, there is no
> "no space available" warning.
> -you can't change the default memory card used by this application. This
> is problematic : for instance, I have a 128MB internal memory card and a
> 2GB external memory card and I can't download France maps (300MB),
> unless I use symlinks from one card to another.

Correction, since I did more tests :
- you can't use symlinks from one card to another
- fortunately, you can move the "map" directory from the internal card
to the external card and Maps application will use external card by
default.

Unfortunately, even with this change, there seems to be a problem on the
server side which is unable to sent the entire data (or something like
that).
--
Fr?d?ric Crozat