N810 is here (ogg support)

Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2007 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> ext Krischan Keitsch wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 schrieb Collin R. Mulliner:
> >> OGG is only a nerd feature and also has other problems, so Nokia (and
> >> other companies) just don't care. Maybe somebody can make a plugin (also
> >> this won't utilize the DSP).
> >
> > I don't agree with ogg = nerd feature. Linux as an open and free platform
> > is way beyond nerd-state. Ogg is also about openness and freedom. They
> > share the same philosophy.
> >
> > The OS of our internet tablets is based upon Linux, isn't it? So why is
> > there no support for ogg?
> >
> > By the way: every time a new stylish personal media player from china is
> > shown on engadget you will find more and more players with support for
> > flac and ogg vorbis. Hmm, something is changing?
>
> I think whether Nokia is going to support ogg or not is somewhat
> besides the point.  What should be supported is:
> - Addition of support for new codecs to the system
>    (works, but the repository situation could be better)
> - All applications immediately able to use the new codecs
> - User opening a file (in browser or filemanager) encoded with the new
>    codec should automatically open it in the correct player
> - Documenting how to achieve this
>
> This way Nokia doesn't need to be a bottleneck in getting new codecs
> for the users; community, commercial companies etc could then do it.
>

> 	- Eero

Hi Eero,

I agree with you. The "missing ogg support" can also be seen as a synonym for
missing codex in general, missing specs, information and commitment. Can we
interpret your post that things will change? And when?

Will the community soon have the necessary information, sdk, tools etc. to
fully take advantage of the capabilities of the internet tablet hardware
(especially the dsp)?

What you wrote sounds promissing! There are highly skilled and talented people
around here - I think they are just waiting for the facts to release the
potential of the internet tablets! Give them what they need!

Regards Krischan