4.2007.38-2 available

I have a cell and have had one for a long time .. I use it to make phone
calls and ignore the MP3/WEB and Camera. I also have three digital
cameras I don't need another one. I have a Creative Zen M with a 30Gig
drive that I'm looking forward to giving to my son when I start to use
my N800 for MP3s. I didn't buy the Apple IPhone because it's closed and
forces me to buy DRM laden MP3s from a snooty Apple. Sorry not
interested .. I bought the N800, because it runs Linux, it's open and
it's just about perfect. I bought it because I want a mobile Internet
browser, with enough memory, and I wanted a WiFi XTerm portable that
could play MP3s and make VoIP calls. The built in camera is a nice
bonus, for chatting ... not for pictures.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who was waiting for this, I was
even tempted with the IPhone, but would never have used the ITunes.

Nokia is very close to perfect with this, but it is NOT a phone, it's a
very small laptop or a big Palm/IPaQ .. it should be treated as such. I
know that it's ressource constrained, but I would be surprised if anyone
doesn't have a free 2/4 Gig external card that they would gladly insert
during upgrades to give Nokia a little extra storage during upgrades if
that's what they need.

I'm not that pissed off, but am making a suggestion that would allow me
to suggest to about 20 or 30 friends in IT that THE device is finally
here. Heck, my dad is near 80, was in IT for 30 years and would love to
have one for his travels rather that his Thinkpad T23, but not if he has
to re-install everything every time he updates it.

Gary Baribault
Courriel: gary at baribault.net
GPG Key: 0x4346F013
GPG Fingerprint: BCE8 2E6B EB39 9B23 6904 1DF4 C4E6 2CF7 4346 F013