Bluetooth headphones and mp3's

Neil MacLeod wrote:
> Simon Pickering wrote:
>
>>> I haven't heard these HSP/HFP/A2DP headsets being called "multipoint"
>>> before but I've been calling them "combo" sets. The interesting thing
>>> here is the set prefers to be master on both its active connections so
>>> it can communicate with separate hifi and voice devices in a single
>>> piconet.
>>>
>> That's just from my browsing on Amazon and other online retailers
>> before I bought mine (a reasonably priced Jabra BT320s), I (and they)
>> may be using the wrong terminology.
>>

> Sony Ericsson refer to this feature as "multipoint" so it is the correct terminology, at least according to some vendors (inc. the original inventor of the technology!) :)
>
> The following is printed on the packaging of my SE HBH-DS970 headset:
>
> * Multipoint function
>   - listen to music stored in Bluetooth-enabled PC/PDA
>   - handle in-coming calls

Keep in mind there are at least 2 bluetooth audio protocols: A2DP is
stereo audio for (example) listening to music.  There's an entirely
separate one for hands-free headsets (like phones - do the Maemo devices
support these with internet calls?)

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide