N800 update in red pill mode.

"ext James Sparenberg" <james at linuxrebel.org> writes:

> I've noticed that this package seems to be nothing more than some kind of
> alert that updates exist.

The "magic:sys" entry is not a package at all.  It is just a hackish
way to represent the "Update my whole system" operation in the UI.

Apt-get for example doesn't know about a package called "magic:sys".
The "apt-worker" backend for the Application Manager recognizes this
fake package by name and then does a full system update instead of
trying to install a real package.

Lots of things are unpolished about the "magic:sys" package.  The
sizes are all wrong, for example (except the download size), and if
you have broken packages or unsatisfied dependencies on your system,
things get a bit weird in the UI.

On the other hand, I use it daily to keep my Sardine installation
up-to-date, and it works great for that.