N800 update in red pill mode.

Sorry for being so late on this subject.
Stil let me add my experience.

I also updated my N800 in red  pill mode. Here my story
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8992

There is (at least one) broken library on the nokia site which
overwirtes your beloved software on N800. The only cure is reinstall.

It is not a quality delivery by nokia.
I did not issue a bug report, probably it is not a bug only a nuisance.
I reported it on meamo-developers mailing list. Either nobody cares or
the nokia developers do not frequent the devel-mailing list.