[Fwd: Re: Fwd: Skype on N800]

Denis,

thanks for sharing the post re Skype.

 I have to believe that eBay management will be concerned enough about
protecting the "reputational equity" that they have built over the years
with their core business, auction services  by either a) fixing the
Skype software or at least b) explaining what the software is doing even
if this turns out to be an innocuous artifact of the way Skype works and
not some sinister plot for global domination by ebay or anyone else.

Then too "security through obscurity" is not a very strong security
model, so perhaps ebay will eventually find a way to open up its source
code and find some other way to protect its intellectual property in the
Skype service for which it paid a tidy sum.

One way to keep Skype and its firewall evading ways off of the
enterprise Microsoft desktop is to use  a software restriction policy
(hash rule) built into the Microsoft Windows Active Directory/Group
Policy Architecture.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks