[Fwd: Re: Fwd: Skype on N800]

Hi,

Have anybody tried to compile Wengo Phone for N800?

Skype is very contradictive to linux tablet spirit
- this software uses proprietary closed and encrypted protocol (closed
also means weak);
- written using obfuscation in software (decryption and checks also uses
additional n800 power and resources)
http://www.secdev.org/conf/skype_BHEU06.pdf
(http://www.xakep.ru/post/38543/default.asp);
- according to latest reports reads sensitive user information and nobody
knows why (because software is closed source and obfuscated) and how it
can be used by crackers
(http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/26/1312256&from=rss).

So, Wengo is viable alternative to the Skype.

Thanks,
Denis