a2dp not working, any help appreciated

> You might also like to try installing the a2dp binaries and scripts
> using these simplified and mostly automated instructions[1]. You can
> probably jump straight to step 5 as it sounds like you have all the
> pre-requisites covered. :)

Your scripts worked a treat, many thanks. It looks like when I created
the ~/.asound directory I was root so that may have caused my issues.

> I would suggest that you uninstall your current mplayer before trying
> to install the a2dp debs, and also delete any .mplayer configuration
> directories that may be lying about in /home/user/

Yes, I also did this to be sure.

All works now, though I must admit that music sounds funny (random
variation in tempo), but that's moving off topic.

Many thanks,

Simon