a2dp not working, any help appreciated

Simon Pickering wrote:
>> i notice one thing - did you use the normal Mplayer, or the one
>> Jesse's compiled from http://www.guardiani.us/ ? Only the one he
>> linked to will let you experience a2dp on n800. Btw, check out Kagu
>> media player he wrote. it is good.
>
> I certainly installed the mplayer linked from the instructions page.
> One curious thing was that the download was very small (~170kB), so I
> wonder if my existing mplayer version was updated with a binary diff
> (are any updates handled this way).
>
> I'll take another look at it.
>
>> you should see a2dpd telling you what went wrong, if you have followed
>> the instructions given in Jesse's site. I did mine and i got the n800
>> working with my SE HBH DS970 headset.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't produce any other output than that I
> originally posted. I was wondering if a2dpd hadn't managed to connect
> to the headset (the headset was flashing which means no connection) and
> was just sitting there waiting for a connection. Could you/someone post
> the output of a successful a2dpd connection so I can compare?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Simon

You might also like to try installing the a2dp binaries and scripts using these simplified and mostly automated instructions[1]. You can probably jump straight to step 5 as it sounds like you have all the pre-requisites covered. :)

I would suggest that you uninstall your current mplayer before trying to install the a2dp debs, and also delete any .mplayer configuration directories that may be lying about in /home/user/

1. http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8435